Training date: 1 March 2022, 9:00 - 12:00
Form of training: online
Organiser: the Czech Institute of Internal Auditors
More information and registration here: www.interniaudit.cz/profesni-vzdelavani/seminare/detail-seminar.php?idSeminar=4334
The aim of the seminar is to familiarize the participants with the legal framework of whistleblower protection. To learn the skills to manage the role of a competent person under the Whistleblower Protection Act.
Content of the lecture:
Participants will become familiar with the principles of whistleblower protection legislation and learn the skills and procedures necessary to master the role of a competent person under the Whistleblower Protection Act:
- Legislation: the Directive and the Whistleblower Protection Bill.
- Explanation of key terms and obligations: obliged entities, internal notification system, whistleblowers, protection against retaliation, notifications - methods of submission, administration, investigation and handling of notifications, deadlines, data retention and protection, filing notifications with the Ministry of Justice, conditions for publication of notifications, sanctions.
- Competent person - requirements for the role, independence and responsibilities.
- Set up procedures and secure channels for receiving notifications.
- Procedures for the investigation and handling of notifications - preliminary assessment of notifications, communication with the notifier, evaluation of notifications and formulation of proposals for action, documentation of cases.
- Ensuring the protection of the identity of the whistleblower.
- Tips for implementation, setting up internal policies and guidelines, and automating the process.
The training is intended for internal auditors, whistleblower protection officers, corporate ombudsmen, compliance specialists, risk managers, control officers, senior employees of obliged entities and all others who want to get acquainted with the issue.
Speaker: Stanislav Klika, Head of Risk Advisory Services