- 24 February 2022
- 28 April 2022
- 19 May 2022
Time: 9:00 - 11:00
Form of training: online/in person
Place: Microsoft Teams and BDO Audit s.r.o., V Parku 12, Prague 11, 148 00
Organiser: BDO Audit s.r.o.
The Whistleblower Protection Act, which transposes the EU Directive, was supposed to come into force on 17 December 2021. However, the bill was not passed in time and the Directive was not implemented. What does this mean for businesses and organisations?
At the seminar, you will learn why public entities must comply with the Directive as of 17 December 2021 and what obligations they must observe. We will also discuss how private sector whistleblowers can already file notifications with the Department of Justice or make their notifications public.
We will propose effective solutions to manage these challenges and minimise regulatory and reputational risks. We will also describe how to make the most of the new obligations for the benefit of the company or how to link whistleblower protection with existing ESG frameworks.
Content of the lecture:
- What is whistleblowing and how are whistleblowers protected?
- The impact of the Czech law not being passed: risks and current obligations of companies and the public sector
- How to handle the new responsibilities and risks without worry: introducing an ethical hotline as a reliable and cost-effective solution
Who the training is for: CEOs or CFOs, controllers, compliance and ethics officers, investigators of suspected wrongdoing and internal auditors
- CZK 200/person (without VAT)
- Invoicing of participation is done electronically after the training
The event will be held in Czech language. Please direct questions about the organisation of the event to Alexandra Torra at [email protected]
Registration: Register for the seminar via the online form by clicking on the register button or write to us at [email protected]