Date: 28 February 2022, 9:00 – 12:00
Type of event: online
Organiser: Czech Institute of Internal Auditors
More information and registration here: www.interniaudit.cz/profesni-vzdelavani/seminare/detail-seminar.php?idSeminar=4330
The aim of the seminar is to acquaint participants with the reasons and benefits of conducting an evaluation of internal audit activities and a framework for conducting a self-evaluation of internal audit. Acquire skills for the preparation and successful implementation of internal audit self-assessment with subsequent independent validation.
- Evaluating the quality of internal audit is an effective tool for increasing the performance and added value of internal audit. According to the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, the internal audit activity must be verified at least every five years. One way to assess the performance of internal audit is self-assessment followed by independent validation.
- The course participants will get acquainted with the starting points and procedures of self-assessment and will acquire skills for the preparation and successful implementation of the self-assessment of internal audit.
- Benefits of internal audit evaluation for the organization.
- International Framework for Professional Practice in Internal Auditing, Standards and Program for Quality Assurance and Improvement (Standard 1300).
- Focus of self-evaluation.
- Preparation for self-assessment, establishment of a team of internal auditors and selection of an external evaluator to perform validation, questionnaire survey.
- Self-assessment procedure: conducting interviews, assessing documentation and internal audit processes, assessing documentation related to audit and consulting engagements.
- Analysis of the information obtained, formulation of findings and recommendations.
- Validation and reporting.
Intended for: Heads of internal audit, internal auditors, managers and representatives of organizations and all others who want to get acquainted with the issue.
Lecturer: Stanislav Klika, Head of Risk Advisory Services